What kind of personal information does Casacervantes.es use?
When you make a reservation, we will ask for your name and e-mail address. You may be asked to provide your address, telephone number, payment details, names of your travel companions and your preferences for your stay.
To manage your reservations more easily, you can create a user account. In this account you will be able to save your personal settings, view your previous bookings and manage your next bookings.
Each time you visit our web pages, even if you do not make a reservation, we may collect certain information such as your IP address, the browser you use and information about your computer’s operating system, application version, language settings and the pages you have been shown. If you are using a mobile device, we may also collect data that identifies your device, such as device-specific features and settings, and latitude/longitude coordinates. When you make a reservation, our system registers the means you have used and from which websites you have made it.
We may also receive information about you when you use certain social networking services.
Why does Casacervantes.es collect, use and share your personal data?
- Bookings: Primarily, we use your personal data to complete and manage your online booking, and to forward your booking details to the accommodation you have booked.
- Customer service: We offer international customer service 24 hours a day, every day, from our local offices in over 20 languages. We share your details with our global customer service staff to assist you whenever you need us, whether it’s to find the right accommodation or to answer questions related to your booking.
- Customer feedback: We may use your contact information to send you e-mails inviting you to write comments after your stay. Your opinion can help other travelers to choose the perfect accommodation for them.
- Account management: We offer the possibility to have a user account on our website. We use the information you provide to administer your account. This way, you can manage your bookings, enjoy special offers, book more easily and manage your personal settings, which allow you to create and share lists, photos, view previously viewed accommodations and view other information you have provided about accommodations and destinations. It also allows you to see the comments you have sent about the places where you have stayed. If you wish, you can also share your account information by creating a public profile associated with your name or a username of your choice. With the public profile you can share your photo, the names of the places where you have stayed, your lists, your plans for future trips, your comments and other information about accommodations and destinations.
- Marketing actions: We may also use your data to develop marketing actions, as permitted by law. For example:
- When you make a reservation with us or create an account, we may use your contact information to send you news about similar travel-related products and services. With your consent (if consent is required by local law), we may send you regular e-mail newsletters. You can choose whether or not we send them to you, or unsubscribe from these marketing communications at any time by clicking the Unsubscribe link that appears in all newsletters. You can also manage your subscriptions from your account (if you have created one).
- Based on the information you have shared with us, we may show you personalized offers on the Casacervantes.es website, mobile applications or third party websites, including social media sites. These may be booking offers that you can make directly on the Casacervantes.es website, third party offers or products that we think may be of interest to you.
- If we think there is an offer that might interest you, we can contact you by phone.
- Other types of communications: At other times, we may contact you by e-mail, mail, phone or text message, depending on the contact information you have shared with us. We can do this for several reasons:
- To answer and manage the requests you have made.
- If you have not completed the online booking process, we can send you an e-mail reminder to continue with the booking. We believe that this additional service can help you to continue with the booking process without having to search for the accommodation again or fill in all the booking data from scratch.
- When you use our services, we may send you a questionnaire or invite you to comment on your experience with Casacervantes.es.
- We may also send you other material related to your reservations, such as information on how to contact Casacervantes.es if you need help during your stay, and information that we think you may find useful in planning your trip or making the most of your stay. We may also send you information related to your upcoming bookings or a summary of your previous bookings with Casacervantes.es.
- Market research: Occasionally we invite our clients to participate in market research. The personal data you provide to participate in market research will only be used with your consent.
- Fraud Detection and Prevention: We may use personal information to detect and prevent fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities.
- Improvements to our services: Finally, we use personal information for analytical purposes, improvements to our services, improvements to the customer experience and improvements to the functionality and quality of our online travel services.
How does Casacervantes.es use social networks?
We use social networks to promote our partners’ accommodations and to advertise, improve and offer our own services. For example, we have integrated social media plugins into the Casacervantes.es website. Therefore, when you click the button to sign in with your social network account, the information will be shared with the social network provider and may appear on your social network profile so that you can share it with others.
In addition to implementing these buttons, Casacervantes.es has accounts and offers applications in several social networks. These social networking services allow you to share information with Casacervantes.es. When you register with a social networking application, you will receive information about the type of information that will be shared with Casacervantes.es. The information you choose to share with us may include the basic information available on your social network profile, your e-mail address, status updates and your friends list. This information is necessary to create a unique user experience, both on our web pages and in the application. This makes it easier to customize our website according to your preferences, connect with your friends to discuss destinations, and analyze and improve our travel services.
We may also allow you to log in to Casacervantes.es services with your social network accounts. The social network provider in question will be able to inform you about how it uses and processes your data in these cases.
How does Casacervantes.es share your data with third parties?
In certain circumstances, we may share your personal information with third parties.
- The accommodation you have booked: To complete your booking, we need to share with the accommodation you have booked some important information, such as your name, your contact details, your payment details, the names of the people traveling with you and the preferences you have indicated at the time of booking.
- Third-party service providers: We may use service providers (such as data processors) to process your personal information, solely on our behalf. This data processing is carried out in order to facilitate the payment of reservations, to send advertising material or to facilitate analysis services. Data processors have to comply with confidentiality clauses, and may not use your personal information for their own purposes or for any other purpose.
- Law Enforcement: We may share your personal information with law enforcement agencies and other governmental authorities if required to do so by law, or if strictly necessary to prevent, detect or prosecute fraud and criminal acts.
- Our business partners: We work with business partners around the world to distribute or advertise accommodations and help our business partners distribute and advertise travel-related services. This may involve their services being integrated into our website, being allowed to display a customized advertisement on our website, or us advertising on theirs. When you make a reservation on the website of one of these business partners, the business partner may share with us certain personal information that you have provided to them. We may also share information with this business associate upon your request. When you make a reservation on the website of one of our business partners, please read the privacy terms and conditions on the partner’s website for more information.
What security methods does Casacervantes.es use to safeguard your personal information?
In accordance with European data protection legislation, we use strict security methods to prevent unauthorized access and misuse of personal information.
In order to protect and safeguard the personal data you have provided to us, we have implemented appropriate business procedures and systems. In addition, we use security methods and physical and technical restrictions to access and use personal information on our servers. Only authorized personnel are permitted to access personal information to carry out their work.
Your credit card details, as long as they are necessary to make the reservation, are kept for a maximum of 10 days. After this period of time, your credit card data will be permanently deleted from our system or stored encrypted in order to detect possible fraud. If you have chosen to store your credit card information in your personal account, your card information will remain encrypted in our system excluding the last four digits of the number.
The services offered by Casacervantes.es are not directed to persons under 18 years of age. Use of our services is only possible with the legitimate consent of a parent or guardian. If we receive information from a person under the age of 18, we reserve the right to delete it.
How can you control the personal information you have provided to Casacervantes.es?
You always have the right to review the personal information we have about you. If you would like to request a general list of your personal data, please send us an e-mail to
. Indicate in the subject line of the e-mail “Request for personal information” and include a copy of your identity document to help us prevent unauthorized persons from accessing your personal data.
If the personal information we have about you is not correct, we will update it at your request. If you do not want to use Casacervantes.es services again, you can ask us to block your personal information from being used again. You can also delete your user account at any time by logging into the Casacervantes.es website. Go to the “Settings” page and delete your account. You can unsubscribe from Casacervantes.es newsletters at any time by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link, which you will find at the end of each newsletter. Requests to update, block or delete personal information should be sent by e-mail to
. Please note that we may need to keep certain information on file, for example, for legal or administrative purposes, to process claims or to detect fraudulent activity.
Who is responsible for processing personal information on the Casacervantes.es website and apps?